Telus Mobility Review
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cancelation fees and customer service experience.

Go down

Cancelation fees and customer service experience. Empty Cancelation fees and customer service experience.

Post  Raf Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:48 pm

Hi everybody,

Back in August this year I got in a store (in Montreal) a 3 years contract with Telus and a Blabkberry Pearl. As I'm going in Europe every 2 months for work I asked the seller (in the Telus store) if this phone was working outside the country... of course he said !

Too bad for me, this phone doesnt work in Europe because of the network... it's not GSM...
I called their customer service to find a solution and the answer was : get a new phone, Blackberry world, and pay for !
I said no because they wanted me to pay 500$ for a new phone when the seller sold me something I don't need and which is not working when I'm outside the country. More this phone is cutting off the line in my appartment if I'm not near the window ! They also said to sale my Pearl to get back some money.
I asked how many it costs to cancel because they had nothing more to offer me... bit more than 600$ ! I said ok because they don't care about my problem and never said a simple "sorry".

The day after I spoke to them, I got a call, recorded, from Telus asking to wait on the line to get someone, strange but I waited.
A guy came on the line telling me I caled and the call cut off so he was calling me back... I said no I didn't call, and the guy started to do some "retention". Telling me I should get a prepaid phone in Europe !! Explaining me it was cheaper... LOL... not really... Well I just told him it was ridiculous and I need my phone from Canada to work there. He agreed it wasn't great... and just told me Telus will have a GSM network in 2010 !

Frustrated by those calls, I wrote an email to their customer service asking for a supervisor to call me. After 3 emails with them because they don't know how to read today I got the supervisor's call. Well, calls, the first one cut off, because I wasn't near the window... remember this !
The supervisor listened a bit till I started to say that the call I got hidden by the guy to try some retention and his solution was it a procedure of the company ? He put me on hold, for sure, came back and purposed me to get the Blackberry world for 300$ and they'll take back my Pearl. I said no and my roblem was now more on the cancelation fees because finally they did the mistake and they are treating me as a wallet... Final answer they don't care and they won't change them.

Telus is bad, from A to Z, not I'm looking for a name, a director by exemple, at the customer service because I feel frustrated and I won't pay their 600$ for sure, no way. They're nice the first time and after nobody's there... awful experience.

Raf

Back to top Go down