Telus Mobility Review
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STAY AWAY FROM TELUS

Go down

STAY AWAY FROM TELUS Empty STAY AWAY FROM TELUS

Post  STAY AWAY FROM TELUS Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:52 pm

I THINK TELUS MOBILITY MAKING TOO MCUH MONEY SCAMING THEIR CUSTOMERS,THEY STEAL YOUR MONEY AND YOUR HEALTH ,YOU SPEND HOURS ON THE PHONE TRY TO EXPLAIN TO THEM ,BUT THEY DONT CARE IT'S THE COMPANY POLICY DONT GIVE ANY THING AWAY (LETS KEEP EVERY PENNY WE STEAL).
MY PROBLEM STARTED THE DAY I CALLED COUSTOMER CARE TO GET BETTER DEAL CAUSE I WAS PAYING $68-$70 FOR 1 1/2 YEAR, BUY THE WAY IF YOU WANT TO STAY WITH TELUS NEVER CALL THEM AND ASK FOR DISCOUNT OR COMPLAIN ABOUT THIER SERVICES THEY WILL DESTROY YOUR HEALTH AND YOUR WALLET.
THEY WILL MAKE CHANGES IN YOUR ACCOUNT WITH OUT TELLING YOU( FOR EXAMPLE IF YOU HAVE 300 MIN OUTCOMING THEY WILL CHANGE IT TO 100 MIN OR IF YOU HAVE FREE AFTER 5 P.M WITCH I THOUGHT I HAD THEY CHANGED TO FREE AFRER 6 PM) THEY WILL DO EVERY THING TO MAKE YOUR BILL HIGH.
SO AFTER I CALLED THEM MY BILL CAME TO $170 CAUSE THE GIRL I TALKED TO HER CHANGED MY PLAN TO SUIT TELUS NEEDS NOT MY NEEDS, THEN I CALLED AGAIN THEY SAY THEY WILL CORRECT THE PROBLEM BUT MAY NEXT BILL CAME TO $265 ,SO I CALLED TO SEE WHAT IS THE PROBLEM THEY TRANSFER ME FROM DEPARTMENT TO ANOTHER UNTILL I REACHED THE TOP GUY IN THE COMPANY WHO SAID TO ME IN A COLD BLOOD YOU SHOULD PAY THE BILL CAUSE YOU ASKED FOR THE CHANGES (I HAVE NO CONTROL ON WHAT THE GIRL PUT IN THE SYSTEM,YOU CAN TELL THEM SOMETHING AND SHE CAN PUT WHAT EVER HER COMPANY WANT). TO CUT THE STORY SHORT I SAID I WANT TO CANCLE MY SERVICE BECAUSE I CANT STAND THE LIES THEY TELLING ME ,HE SAID NO PROBLEM THEY DIDNT EVEAN TRY TO KEEP ME AS A VALUED COUSTEMER. THE COMPANY TOO RICH TO CARE ABOUT HER COUSTMERS

STAY AWAY FROM TELUS

Back to top Go down

STAY AWAY FROM TELUS Empty FED UP with TELUS

Post  g12 Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:39 pm

I feel so releived, I used to deal with Telus but won't any more.
Telus is fine utill you have a problem and have to contact them. Every time I have phoned them lately the first thing you hear is "we are experiencing higher than normal call volumes". They have gone from good to horrible. Although they advertise as friendly ( I talk to my friends and I will phone them back).

With the new service I got I was offered free call display for a year. I mistanly said OK. I didn't remember when it started, actually forgot all about it. Then came my bill with seven dollars extra on it plus the 2 dollar paper bill charge. At this point I tried to phone and get this cancelled. A couple of times I waited in the Queue for over half an hour and not knowing if I had been forgotten or what I hung up and tried again (same result). When I finally did get someone I was not in a very good mood especially when I was told I would be switched to a customer service rep and have to wait again. I asked in a very restrained voice for a supervisor or at the very least to have someone call me. The man said that they could not get anyone to call me and I would have to wait on the line. At this point I said to just cancel my wireless phone. I was told that he could not do that and I would have to wait for someone else. At this point I lost it and will never deal with Telus again.
All my other communications are with SHAW. (telephone, cable, computer) They have great service and you get to talk to a human who will help you.

g12

Back to top Go down

STAY AWAY FROM TELUS Empty Telus Bberry Disaster

Post  Disaster Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:56 am

Telus is brutal.

My story in a nutshell (I hope I can keep this short, my apologies if it's not!!):

I had been a Telus Mobility client for 5 or 6 years when I went into a local Telus store and renewed my contract for another 3 years AND added a second line to my account. Bought 2 Blackberry Curves on the spot (at the 3 year fee of $100something/phone), and purchased a "Product Replacement Plan" for each blackberry ($110/phone).*leaving the store that day, I had shelled out over $400 on the spot for protection/phones*
The store's CSR informed us that ANY issues we might have with the Bberry would be resolved with this extra protection fee. I thought this was perfect, she told us, "No questions asked, you bring your phone in with something wrong and we'll give you the exact same one on the spot, no questions asked."
Shortly after we got the Bberry's, I started having problems with mine - messages deleting on it's own, whole phone resetting without any reason to. I just 'sucked it up' to typical phone glitches, and didn't report any of it to Telus. (This 'glitch' continued until my phone died in feb 2011)

In July 2010 (about 11 months into our new contracts), my boyfriend's roller ball stops working. We take it into the same Telus dealer, CSR tries a new roller ball, nothing happens. The phone itself is fine, dials/calls/receives calls - you just couldn't do anything on the bberry itself in terms of scrolling or opening programs. CSR charges us $168 on the spot to "send the phone in for repairs". She sets my bf up with the exact same phone, and sends us on our way.
Fast forward to February 2011, like I do every Tuesday, I went for a training run. My bberry is always in my pocket and I've NEVER had an issue. An hour and a half later I pull my phone out to make a call and it's COMPLETELY dead. Pull battery, put it back in, phone turns on then dies instantly.
Took the phone into the same Telus dealer the following day (since I NEED a phone!!) and all hell broke loose.
Turns out that my boyfriend's new phone was a just loaner - we were unaware of this, perhaps in simple ignorance we thought the EXTRA $168 ON TOP of the original $110 replacement fee, was for a new phone... before even dealing with my phone, the Manager of the store proceeds to YELL at us in the middle of the mall store, why hadn't we brought the phone back yada yada. He was flapping his arms in the air, and was very loud; it was EXTREMELY embarassing as I work in the community here and am not some sort of thief!!! (not to mention the store was PACKED at the time)
To my surprise I remained super calm, and explained what had happened on our end. No apology what so ever.
They checked my 'account' with the store, and it turns out they had contact information for me in CALGARY, when I live in BC....and have never ever lived in Calgary... nothing was done or said about this HUGE error on their part. The Manager takes my bf's bberry away and gives him back his broken phone. He's told it was water damage and ISN'T covered by the protection plan. Weird, since it was the roller ball that wasn't working, the phone was fine?? Boyfriend had been applying for a new job, and was just starting to get callbacks -- now he has NO phone, as it'd be another $225 to buy the same piece of shit Curve with rollerball. (We ended up chopping his plan down to the minimum $20 before we left the store, as he is phoneless --following the rest of my story)

After handing my bf back his broken phone (now it won't even turn on, when before it was only the ball that was the problem) the Manager leaves and has a CSR 'deal with me.' He charges me $150 on the spot to send my phone in for repairs. I wasn't prepared for this and didn't have ANY money left for the month -- I had to spend my last $150 to send my freaking phone in..... NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!! But OK - this time I know it's just a loaner....

After 2.5 weeks of crappy loaner phone received an e-mail from the Telus dealer last night, and my phone is back from repairs. (Why wouldn't they CALL me to let me know this? Why email??--wrong contact info again maybe??)
I'm going in, in a day or two, to return the loaner phone and pick up my (most likely) still dead phone.

I WAS planning on calling Telus to speak with Customer retention/loyalty about all of this, but my current plan is to see what the Dealer has to say about my phone/repairs, and what they're willing to give me in terms of a NEW replacement. Should nothing be offered for free (7+ year loyal customer, combined cell bill of over $150/month...) I'm walking out of the store with my broken phone, my $150 back (from loaner) and my plan cut down to $20 and ride out the rest of my contract.

I have every intention on switching to Rogers, as not ONE single person I know (many have been Rogers customers for 10+ years) has had any of these issues with that carrier. Not to mention Rogers has better upgrade "plans" and wayyy better/cheaper phones to offer.

UGH. Embarassed in a packed Telus store, charged up the ass with FEES and bullshit PROTECTION PLANS that have failed twice... not to mention they f-ed my boyfriend over with getting a job!!!
/rant Evil or Very Mad

Disaster

Back to top Go down

STAY AWAY FROM TELUS Empty forgot to add --

Post  Disaster Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:58 am

I forgot to add that in the e-mails that the Manager (I'm assuming it's the manager) has sent me about my phone being ready, he's been EXTREMELY kind.... perhaps someone knows he was a complete in the store???
That's my hope at least.... chances are I'll get charged up the ass again and WILL need to cancel out completely.

Disaster

Back to top Go down

STAY AWAY FROM TELUS Empty Glad I walked out of the store when I did

Post  tclive99 Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:33 am

Well my story begins about 4 years ago. I went to telus to get 2 phones for my wife and I and was told by the lady working at the store we could select 2 phones for $0 and when we got to the point of paying they then told me it would be over $1000. After finding out this information i said to the lady working you have got to be joking. she said no so then we asked if we could put the phones under my wife's name which still would have been over $600 needless to say we left the store empty handed. Makes me glad I didn't pay for it and now I hear a radio ad for a Apple iPhone 3gs on telus 4g network and makes me wonder how a 3g phone is suppose to connect to a 4g network? and to top it off they still charge $659 + tax for the iPhone 3gs for no contract. Makes me glad I am with a different company.

tclive99

Back to top Go down

STAY AWAY FROM TELUS Empty Frustrated with Telus service

Post  Ed Wed May 25, 2011 4:37 pm

Been a Telus customer since 1988 and have had various small problems over the years.
Most recently, my email function ceased working and I get a message stating that service is temporarily unavailable.
I contacted them by phone and two weeks ago went through 4 different clientcare persons.
Finally, I went to the store in Whistler where a lady worked for an hour to try and help me but was not able to solve the problem so she sugested I come back to see the techie the next day. I did so and he tried to resolve the issue for an hour and finally referred the problem to the upper level service people. They texted me a confirmation number and said the problem should be solved in 72 hours.
I received thier text on the 19th and today is the 25th.
I called Telus today and talked to Kyle....no help at all and no idea when the problem will be solved....I was extremely frustrated and told him that Telus service sucks...totally unacceptable....no email function for two weeks and no resolution in sight. He ended up by hanging up on me so I can tell you they are not well trained at dealing with frustrated customers.
Telus does not deserve the loyalty I have accorded them for 23 years.
By the way, the support guy held out no possibility of a call back or to tell me when I might expect a resolution of my problem.

Ed

Back to top Go down

STAY AWAY FROM TELUS Empty Mad Mad Mad!!

Post  Tina Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:27 pm

I am travelling in the U.S. for the Summer~~presently in California. I turned my iPhone off because Telus couldn't guarantee me what my charges would be even if I purchased a 'package' or whatever of long distance time. I do online access to my mobility account and wanted to use the 'send a text message' feature. It appears to be enabled whether you are logged into your account or not. Anyway, my Text messages to other Telus clients where not received. So the first time that happened, I sent a complaint under 'contact us'. They replied and gave me excuses like~~perhaps the other party didn't have Text Service. So not being happy, I sent out several Text messages over a period of 2 hours and monitored the time sent. After a few days when the messages were not recieved, I again did the 'contact us' and listed date and time and the ONE number I used for my several Text messages. The reply back was "that the service is a courtesy service" and if they weren't received they just weren't received and they weren't going to look into it any further. My question here is: !!!!!!does anyone have an email address for someone in Public Relations? I could use it right about now.!!!!
To take care of all my necessary phone calls NOT using my iPhone I purchased a Verizon cell phone for $10.00 and a pay as you go EVERYTHING in the U.S. Plan for $50. a month. I can be anywhere in the U.S. using my phone UNLIMITED everything including Data for that price. I bought an International Verizon Calling Card for $20. and using my cell calls anywhere in Canada & Mexico are 4 cents a minute!! Such a deal. When I go home in the Fall, do I care if I lose the phone? No not at all because if I should come back, I'll do the same with ANY company that offers the best deal for me. I'll check back here in a few days and thank you.

Tina

Back to top Go down

STAY AWAY FROM TELUS Empty Re: STAY AWAY FROM TELUS

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down